The FPUSA annual magazine for 2012-2013 has a chart on page 3 (see below) that shows FPUSA membership data for the 9 years 2003-2013. It shows that—
Regarding total FPUSA individual memberships—
- In the USA there are fewer than 1800 FPUSA members.
- Between 2003 and 2012, total FPUSA membership increased by about 650 people.
Regarding FPUSA individual membership retention rates and turnover, in that nine-year period—
- FPUSA recorded a total of almost 3000 (2915) new members.
- For every player that joined FPUSA and continued as a member, more than three players joined and then dropped out.
- More players (2261) joined the FPUSA and then dropped out, than the total current membership of the FPUSA (1751).
The chart shows the change in the number of clubs for each year, but not the number of new clubs each year. As a result, we can’t tell anything about the retention rate or turnover at the club level.